The OS of choice for many people at the end of the 20th century, Windows 98 is a modified version of Windows 95 that boasts better performance. It was released in 1998 and still has a sizable following on the internet today. You can find it on eBay and Amazon, or you can purchase it with some updated features from third-party websites that offer downloads. Some sites even offer physical copies you can buy.
What is Windows 98?
Windows 98 is a version of Microsoft Windows designed to improve on Windows 95. It was released in June 1998 primarily to resolve issues of speed and stability that were present in Windows 95. It adds the ability to set time limits for applications, a more intuitive interface, and more. It is widely used on Windows-based PCs and has a large following of fans.
|Release date||May 15, 1998|
|License||Free and Paid|
|Updates||No longer get updates|
? Safe & Secure
Is windows 98 faster than 95?
In most cases, yes. This is because it has been programmed to use less RAM. Although, to run some programs designed specifically for Windows 95, you may need more memory. Windows 98 will operate a lot more efficiently with only 32 MB of memory instead of the 96 MB that previous versions required. This makes your PC run more smoothly with fewer crashes and errors.
Is it as stable as 95?
Yes, because it has been programmed to be more stable. Windows 98 is excellent for multitasking, which Windows 95 claims to be but isn’t. It can run multiple applications at the same time with no errors. It is also great for gaming and will allow you to run many different programs without affecting the speed and consistency of other processes such as playing the game.
How old is Windows 98?
Windows 98 is one of the oldest Windows that Microsoft has published. It was first launched on May 15, 1998, and since then it has been popular and users have installed it; however, newer Windows have been released Windows 10, Windows 11, and consumers are no longer using it.
Features of Windows 98?
1. It is a stable operating system designed for running multiple applications at one time with no errors. It is primarily designed for PCs with only 64 MB of memory and will run very efficiently on one of these.
2. It has been programmed to run smoothly on computers with a minimum processor speed of 75 MHZ. Even if you have a slower processor, it will still run smoothly without any errors and without slowing down other processes.
3. It is an excellent operating system for people who cannot afford Windows XP or Vista. It can calculate and handle many variations of computers that use a variety of operating systems.
4. It has many interface options, including the ability to change your desktop layout in small increments, change between different windows, and add as many apps as you need on the screen.
What can I do with Windows 98?
1. Download free software packages from the Internet that will allow you to try out different programs before you buy them. If you don’t like the program that you downloaded, simply delete it.
2. It is an excellent operating system for running many different programs without interfering with other tasks such as playing a game.
3. Windows 98 is a good operating system for people who cannot afford Windows XP or Vista and use computers that are not adequate for either of these systems.
4. It is an excellent operating system for gamers because it can run up to 12 different applications at once with little or no interference from the other programs.
5. It has a built-in tool that will allow you to record and edit videos without the need for third-party software.
6. It can stand up to be upgraded to Windows XP without any problems and is an excellent program to use as an upgrade to Windows 2000 or 98.
7. It has many useful features that will help you with everyday tasks such as: cleaning your computer, creating disks, editing documents, and doing some other tasks.
8. It is widely used and has a large following of fans all over the world, mainly because of its stability and efficiency.
9. It is an excellent operating system for playing video games and allows you to run up to 12 different applications at once on the same computer without any errors.
10. It will allow you to record or edit videos with the built-in tool, which is a feature that Windows 95 didn’t have.
How to install Windows 98 on a PC?
First of all, you need to download Windows 98 and extract the files.
After all these steps you can install windows 98 on your pc. If you have any problems, please do not give up, because others can help you.
First of all download Windows 98 cd from the internet and burn it on CD with your favorite burning software such as win98cd, spend, etc., then insert the cd in the cd drive and restart your pc.
Windows 98 will start to install, and after some time a screen will come up with a number of options, choose “R” for “RUNNING WINDOWS 98” and hit enter. After installation is finished you can use Windows 98.
Windows 98 is a great operating system, it will run on many different types of computers and has great features that will help with everyday tasks.