Windows 7 SP1 (kb976932) has been a long-awaited update for Windows that has finally been released in October of 2011. The service pack provides fixes to address the problems found post-release in Windows 7. In addition, it provides performance enhancements and new features such as improved application compatibility with Internet Explorer 8, increased support for multi-touch, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
What is Windows 7 Service Pack 1?
The most common use of a service pack is when an operating system has been released by Microsoft and it receives a huge amount of criticism for bugs, problems, and performance issues. These companies will often release the service pack to repair these problems and improve the operating system.
This service pack can be used to install on systems that have already been upgraded from Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 R2. It can also be used on systems that have never been upgraded from earlier versions of Windows.
|Release date||October of 2011|
|Update||No future updates|
? Safe & Secure
1. Windows Firewall is enabled by default at installation.
2. Application compatibility in Internet Explorer 8 has been improved.
3. Acrobat Reader is now a built-in program and it can be located under the Windows Start menu. (Note: It will be installed by default if it is not already present on your computer.)
4. Microsoft Security Essentials is a new built-in anti-virus and anti-spyware program that uses the same scanning engine as Microsoft Forefront. It is included in Windows 7 SP1 by default.
5. Windows 7 SP1 can be installed on systems that have already been upgraded from Vista/Server 2008 R2 with a simple update to install updates from Windows Update.
6. It can be used to upgrade Vista/Server 2008 R2 to Windows 7.
1. Security enhancements: Microsoft is aware of how important security is to users and this update puts the user’s security first. With the inclusion of Windows 7 SP1, it comes with SPP (Service Pack Protection) which is also known as copy protection. SPP enables the anti-malware software to run while protecting updates from being copied to other computers that do not have updates installed. In addition, Microsoft Security Essentials will automatically update when malware threats are found on a computer, removing any threats that may be present in your system.
2. Performance: The platform itself is faster and more stable than older versions. 3. Security: It includes stronger security measures against malicious software.
4. As a best practice, Microsoft recommends that users install all updates that are available for their computers to improve the stability and performance of their systems. This offers an additional layer of security to ensure that your computer is protected and can be used by you whenever needed without any problems or worries that they might not be up-to-date with the latest patches.
How to install it:
1. If you are running an operating system that is Windows 7 x64, download the file and create a bootable DVD with it. If you are running an operating system that is Windows 7 x86, you need to download the file and install it on your computer directly. Do not burn it to a DVD.
2. You can now reboot your computer from the USB or DVD and follow onscreen instructions to install the service pack. Be sure to make note of any passwords needed during installation and change them as soon as they have been entered.
Windows 7 SP1 has been a long-awaited update for Windows that has finally been released in October of 2011. The service pack provides fixes to address the problems found post-release in Windows 7. In addition, it provides performance enhancements and new features such as improved application compatibility with Internet Explorer 8, increased support for multi-touch, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Windows XP Home Edition (SP3)
Windows 8.1 Download
Windows XP Black Edition Download
Windows Home Edition
Windows 98 Download