The latest version of Windows 10, 2004, is now available for download and install, you can take advantage of improved performance and features – but there are a few things you should know before taking the plunge. Read on to find out what you need to know about downloading and installing Windows 10 Version 2004!
What is Windows 10 Version 2004?
Windows 10 Version 2004, codenamed “20H1” during its development process, is the ninth feature update to Windows 10. It was released on May 27, 2020.
This new version of Windows 10 introduces a number of new features and improvements, including support for DirectX 12 Ultimate, the ability to run multiple Linux distributions side-by-side with Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2), improvements to the taskbar and Start menu, and much more.
How to Download and Install Windows 10 Version 2004
If you’re running Windows 10 Version 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, or 1803, you can install the new version by using the “Update Assistant”:
- Go to the Download Windows 10 page and click “Update now.”
- Run the “Update Assistant” and follow the prompts to install the new version.
If you’re running an older version of Windows 10, you’ll need to do a clean installation:
- Go to the Download Windows 10 page and select “Download tool now.”
- Run the downloaded tool and select “Create installation media for another PC.”
- Follow the prompts to create a bootable USB drive or ISO file. You’ll need this if you have to do a clean installation.
- Go to Microsoft’s Upgrade Now page and select “Upgrade this PC now.” If you don’t see this option, it means your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for the new version. See below for more information.
- Follow the prompts to upgrade your PC to the new version of Windows 10. This will require a restart. Once your PC restarts, follow any additional prompts that appear on your screen to finish setting up the new version of Windows 10.
|Release date||May 27, 2020|
|Microsoft End Support||October 14, 2025|
|Component||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Processor||1 GHz or faster processor||1 GHz or faster multi-core processor|
|RAM||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||4 GB or more|
|Hard Disk Space||16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)||SSD with at least 40 GB of free space|
|Graphics Card||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display Resolution||800 x 600 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels or higher|
|Internet Connection||Internet connectivity is necessary for updates and online features|
|Input Device||Keyboard and mouse||Multi-touch display and compatible pointing device|
|Sound Card||DirectX 9 or later compatible sound card||DirectX 9 or later compatible sound card with speakers or headphones|
Things You Should Know Before Installing Windows 10 Version 2004
Windows 10 version 2004 is the most recent version of Windows 10 as of May 2020. It was released on May 27, 2020. If you are running an older version of Windows 10, you will need to update to this version in order to continue receiving security updates and support. Here are some things to know before installing Windows 10 version 2004:
- You will need at least 3 GB of free space on your hard drive in order to install this update.
- The installation process may take some time, so make sure you have enough time set aside before starting it.
- Once the installation is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
- Make sure all of your important data is backed up before beginning the installation process, just in case something goes wrong.