For someone who has always loved playing video games, no matter how old they get, they would always remember their classic favorites. Take for example the case of java-based games that were a common sight on the old non-touch and keypad-based mobile phones manufactured by Nokia, Sony, Motorola, LG, etc.
Even though the world of video gaming has fast developed and today some games seem more realistic than being considered merely a video game, some old favorites from the classic Java era are still worth playing.
This article is all about how you can play games coded with the Java language on your PC using the KEmulator Java emulator for PC.
What is Java?
Java simply is a programming language but certainly not an ordinary one. It happens to be one of the most popular high-level programming languages with a wide variety of applications. It was developed by Sun Microsystems in 1995 which is today owned by the Oracle Corporation.
It is an object-oriented programming language that although being used primarily for internet-based applications and websites, has a vast approach and applicability. Millions of devices you see around in your everyday life are in one way or the other powered by Java.
What is an emulator? Java emulator for PC
An emulator is a software that creates a virtual environment on a host platform to enable it to run software from another platform also known as the guest. You might be familiar with using emulation to play Android games on your Windows or Mac OS PCs.
Similarly, in the case of a Java emulator for Windows running PCs, it is a program that helps PC users run and play the old games and applications from the Java era over the modern computer systems of today.
How to use a Java emulator for a PC?
While there are a few good Java emulators for PCs, the one most widely used and with the most compatibly built features is the KEmulator.
KEmulator is a simple and easy-to-use Java emulator that can emulate the .jar file format for Java games and applications.
Downloading and installing the KEmulator
Before downloading and installing the KEmulator Java emulator for PC, make sure that your system has Java software, also known as the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). You can download it from the Java.com website.
After this, use the following steps to download and run the KEmulator on your PC for running games and applications written in Java.
- Search on Google for downloading the KEmulator setup file. Make sure that the source you are using for downloading is reliable and virus-free.
- After downloading and running it again through your antivirus software, run the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Once successfully installed, launch the KEmulator app on your PC.
- On the menu, click on the ‘Midlet’, then ‘Load jar…’.
- Now navigate to the folder where your desired .jar file is on your PC.
- Double click it and wait for the KEmulator to load it.
- Once loaded, you can customize the keyboard controls or use the on-screen controls to play your favorite Java-written game. With KEmulator, you can also customize the game resolution for much better image quality.
Features of the KEmulator
The following are some of the features of the KEmulator Java emulator for PC –
- Let’s you play your favorite Java-written old-time classic games from the comfort of your PC.
- Supports both 2D and 3D graphic engines to enable playing a wide range of games with complex scripts.
- Helps you resize the screen size for better screen resolution.
- Besides everything else, if you are a Java developer, you can easily test your own games and apps using the KEmulator Java emulator for PC. System requirements To run the KEmulator Java emulator on your PC, your system should have the following minimum requirements –
- Processor speed: 1Ghz or higher.
- RAM: 256MB or higher.
- Graphics acceleration: OpenGL
- Latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)