Fortnite is a popular online video game that became an instant hit ever since its first release in July of 2017. The game is a fast-paced and action-packed masterpiece from its developer Epic Games and is available for download on various platforms.
However, due to a payment cut dispute, two of the famous smartphone platforms namely Apple Store and Google Play do not offer Fortnite download anymore. The conflict between the Fortnite video game.
Fortnite 60FPS for Android Free Download
developer Epic Games vs Apple and Google is related to the app stores demanding a 30 percent cut from all in-app purchases made by users as well as using the app store’s built-in payment option.
To prevent this hefty 30 percent cut, Epic Games altered both the iPhone and Android versions of the game to facilitate users to directly pay Epic Games for all the in-app purchases. This is what became the cause of the conflict and one by one, both versions of the game vanished from each of the famous smartphone app stores.
But the good news for Android-based smartphone users is that they can still download, play, and enjoy their favorite Fortnite game. This article uncovers everything you need to know about downloading this thrilling action-packed survival game on Android devices.
Where to find Fortnite Android download?
The good thing about using Android-powered devices is that Google allows the flexibility to smoothly download and run Android APK’s from other sources as well besides its own Google Play Store.
Therefore, even though the Epic Games official account with Fortnite APK isn’t available on the Google Play Store, you can still download and run the full game from the developer’s official website and the Samsung Galaxy Store.
What if you see Fortnite still available on the Google Play Store?
The conflict between Google and Epic Games over the payment cut and direct payment support is a fact, and something not hidden from the public eye. This simply means that any app claiming to be Fortnite on the Google Play Store isn’t valid and could be a scam or virus in the form of a clone copy.
Therefore, to all those who still prefer searching for Fortnite on the Google Play Store, we highly recommend not doing it.
How to download the Fortnite Android version directly and device compatibility?
As mentioned above, the Fortnite Android version is available for direct download from the game developer’s official website as well as the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Downloading Fortnite for Android from Epic Games website
- Open a browser tab on your Fortnite compatible Android device.
- Search for ‘Fortnite Android’ or ‘Fortnite Android Download’ to find the developer’s official website. Note that any link leading to Epic Games website means you are heading in the right direction.
- Instead of searching, you can also type in https://www.fortnite.com/android to visit the website directly.
- On the Epic Games website, tap the ‘Epic Games’ button.
- A dialog box will appear asking for ‘Samsung Internet’ to access files on your device. Tap ‘Allow’.
- The next dialog that appears will ask for download permission with a warning text. Since this is the official website, you do not need to worry about anything and simply continue by tapping the ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, open the Fortnite APK file by tapping ‘Open File’.
- If there is some issue with the installation, visit the ‘Settings’ section of your smartphone to allow the installation.
- Next follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download and then launch it to start playing Fortnite.
Downloading Fortnite for Android from the Samsung Galaxy Store
- On your compatible Samsung smartphone, open the apps section from the home screen and tap on the ‘Galaxy Store’ icon.
- Next search for ‘Epic Games’.
- In the search results, tap the download icon next to the Epic Games app. This will install the Epic Games on your Samsung smartphone.
- Next, open the app and look for ‘Fortnite’.
- Tap the ‘Fortnite’ image first and then inside it tap again on the ‘Install’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the Fortnite Android version on your Samsung smartphone.
- Next, tap on the ‘Launch’ button to start playing Fortnite.
Checking Android device compatibility for Fortnite
Fortnite is a heavy device specification-dependent game that isn’t supported by every Android device. Therefore, before proceeding with its download, make sure that your smartphone has the following –
- 64-bit Android
- ARM64 Processor
- Android OS 8.0 or higher
- Minimum 4GB of RAM
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher