Are you looking for a way to use dark mode in Google Classroom? This is a convenient online learning resource that has many of the functionality that a student needs, although the Dark theme does not currently support it. Here’s how to enable dark mode in Classroom for PC, Chrome, and Firefox.
Continuing studies during the pandemic are quite difficult and have become quite a great challenge for everyone these days. This has been tackled using different mediums such as online classes, software, and much more. Most of the classes are being conducted on online platforms, with videos being shown for practical demonstrations.
One such platform is used to make children continue their studies online while staying at home is made by one of the famous worldwide renowned manufacturers named Google. Many private schools and organizations are using the platform Google Classroom to keep their working bodies alive even during the pandemic. The primary aim behind the production of Google Classroom is to let organizations deal and get feedback on their employees with ease.
Is there a Dark Theme on Google Classroom by default?
Because of the new technologies, the dark theme has become the new normal for all the devices, and everyone has been seen using dark themes for their devices and application. While using Google Classroom, many people have been thinking about it, and so do you. Does the Google Classroom have its setting for a dark theme?
The answer to that is ‘NO.’ There is no default black skin for the Classroom. The classroom has its white theme and background. There is no built-in function to get a dark theme done. However, there are many other ways to getting the black theme at hand. You can easily download extensions from Chrome that will work easily and give you the pleasure of having a black theme.
How to enable Dark Theme on Google Classroom using Chrome
Getting a dark theme, as discussed earlier, is only by use of external sources. Computers and PCs that have Chrome in them can easily get the dark theme access to them that is operatable from both Windows and macOS. To enable a dark theme, you need to perform some actions in a series of steps.
There is an extension on Google Chrome that claims to have a dark theme compatible with Google Classroom. The extension has been tested and has given an excellent result. There is a specific way to test this out, and you call need to follow the proper steps for this. Do not know the right steps? Nothing to worry about. This article will guide step by step on how to get the dark mode on by getting the right extensions installed. So, what are you waiting for? Let us have a look and perform the step by step to get the theme installed on the computer.
- Ensure that your computer has Chrome installed on it—open Chrome on your laptop.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet. Using chrome search ‘Dark reader.’ There are several extensions in Chrome that can be used. Look for the most suitable one named ‘Dark Reader.’
- Install this extension and add this to your computer. You can easily add this by clicking on add to chrome button on the right side. This will download the extension on your computer.
- Now you can easily see a button on the bar. Click on the icon for the dark reader. This will open up a menu that can be set up. On the screen, there is a setting with the name ’Dark Mode.’ Toggle it on and enable the dark mode. You can also set up the brightness and the rest of the setting according to how much dark contrast you want on the screen.
- If you cannot find the extension on the toolbar, go to more tools and select extensions. There you can find the extension. Select Dark Mode and enable it.
- Once you have enabled ‘Dark Reader,’ you can see the dark interface on the Google Classroom; not only that, you can also see that your system’s default theme has also been selected to dark color.
With all this, you can easily get the dark theme that you desire using Chrome. The best part is you can use this dark Google Classroom with all the ease.
Enabling Dark Theme on Google Classroom with Firefox
Just like Chrome, Firefox also has a store from where you can download the extensions. This makes your work a lot easier if you do not have Chrome on your laptop. You can easily download the Dark Reader from the extension store in Firefox and get the dark mode on Google Classroom. Let us take a look at the steps involved in this whole procedure.
- Open Firefox on your laptop.
- To download the extension, you need to visit a link. Search addons.mozilla.org and visit the site.
- Search for Dark Reader in the search box. Several results would pop up. Choose the first result.
- Click on the blue button on the top corner named ‘Add to Firefox.’ This will add the extension.
- You can see the extension on the top bar, and if not, search for it by searching it on the top right bar.
- Open up the Dark Reader and turn on the dark mode to run the dark theme on your Classroom clipboard.
With Firefox installed systems in them, getting a dark mode is not difficult now as you can follow the step-by-step guide to get the dark mode on.
Enabling Dark Theme on Google Classroom for PC
Google Classroom does not have any dark modes on its desktop version, but it has been seen that you can run the dark theme on your cell phone. Now getting the features of a phone on a desktop seems a difficult task but not at all. You can easily manage it with the help of BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an emulator that lets you run the application on your laptop with great ease.
The best part is that it can handle heavy files and APKs easily. So, you do not have to worry about a thing. How to download the Classroom Application onto your desktop? We will take a step-by-step guide for doing it. You can run the Classroom on your Windows or macOS PC for nothing; you need to introduce the BlueStacks emulator. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting the work done. Let us have a look.
- Download BlueStacks for Windows or macOS. For that, search it on your browser, and you can download it easily.
- Get the download Wizard up and running. After completing the whole process introduce BlueStacks on your PC.
- Run the emulator and open Google Play Store. Enter your email ID and Password to sign in to the store. You can also make a new ID if you want.
- Search Google Classroom in the top search bar. Check the right app and download it onto your PC.
- Once it has been downloaded, open it and set up your account with your email ID and password.
- With BlueStacks downloaded, you can use the mobile features, so turn the classroom theme into a dark theme. Join the class and have fun.
There is no change in the features and other advantages, and you can use them freely. The surprising fact is that this theme is not only for Classroom but can also be used for Facebook, Wikipedia, Bing, and many more. To install using the best technique that suits you and gets the dark theme you desire.
Google Classroom is available on any device, whether it is a smartphone or a desktop computer. To learn something new, you must log in with your ID and link with the class. We hope this guide assisted you in enabling dark mode on Classroom. If you have any issues with this, please leave a comment below.