Are you looking for the best Nintendo DS emulator for your pc to play Pokemon DS? What if I tell you that you are at the right spot because we are here to share the Best Nintendo DS Emulator pc for you so that you can play games like Mario, legends of Zelda, Metroid Prime Hunters, etc. So, if you have been searching for the best options, get your coffee, sit here and read till the end because the list has so many incredible options for you to choose from. So, with no further ado, let’s get started!
List of Best Nintendo DS Emulator Working in 2021
|No.||Nintendo DS Emulator (Links)||(FREE)|
DeSmuMe is considered the most powerful and incredible emulator for pc because of its fabulous features and quick compatibility. The best thing about this emulator is that it is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. If you get DeSmuMe, you will see that games run more smoothly on both platforms with this Nintendo DS emulator. The only drawback that you might have to face is the drop of frames when playing on maximum graphics on Mac. So, we can say that the performance is somehow dependent on the specifications of your pc. The best thing about this emulator DS is that you can do as much configuration to the graphics and settings as you want because it is pretty flexible. Cheat code manager and USB controller support are some additional features of this incredible DS emulator.
Along with so many features, some points where this NDS emulator lags should be discussed here. First of all, the developers don’t keep updating this emulator. So the last update was made in 2015. Furthermore, it doesn’t support a few Pokémon games. Finally, this NDS also doesn’t provide Wi-Fi emulation.
High performance at increased resolutions and high accuracy are the significant perks that you can enjoy with MelonDS. It is one of those Nintendo DS emulators for PCs that offer a highly accurate rendering of DS games. You can enjoy the extreme resolution of games because of its new OpenGL render. Its new JIT recompiler allows MelonDS to do fast emulations even on the medium-performing systems. Unlike the dominant DeSmuMe DS emulator, this MelonDS emulator provides local Wi-Fi support for playing games.
Some points that this NDS lacks are also there that you must know about. First of all, the local Wi-Fi support for playing multiplayer is just experimental. It means that it doesn’t support all the games. MelonDS also lags in many emulation and graphics options, due to which DeSmuMe wins the battle. Also, MelonDS is not available for macOS.
Moving on to the next, we have NO$GBA on the list, which is known for its low memory usage and GBA support. You can play both Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS lite games. This emulator has a handful of graphic options, which are less than the ones we discussed above, but it works well with a few setting tweaks. One of the best things about NO$GBA is that emulations work really fast, even with medium-performing devices. So even if you don’t have a powerful gaming machine, NO$GBA will perk up your gaming experience with fast emulations. Most of all, this Nintendo DS emulator doesn’t require so many system requirements to work with. This emulator also supports a joystick. And most of all, NO$GBA has in-house cheat code support.
If we talk about the lagging features of NO$GBA, the first one is the limitation of screen layout features. Furthermore, the multiplayer option also doesn’t work all the time. It supports just a few games. Finally, you can use this emulator only with Windows.
How to run an emulator?
Do you want to learn how to run an emulator? Don’t worry! We will show you some simple and easy-to-follow steps to learn how to run an emulator. So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
- First of all, you need to get the emulator that you want to play the game at. The selection of your emulator depends on the game that you want to play.
- The next step is to install the emulator. Unzip the file and extra .exe file to install the emulator. Sometimes, you will get a .exe file of your emulator, so you don’t have to use WinRAR.
- Create a folder on the desktop where you want to extract your files to install the emulator.
- Then double click on the .rar file and click on the first file in the folder.
- Then, you will have to find the last file, press, and hold the “Shift” on your keyboard. And then click on the mouse and don’t leave the shift key.
- Click on the extract icon and then select the folder that you want to extract your files.
- Now, get ROM for your games and organize them on your device.
- Start the emulator now, and go to the File menu, and then click on the “open” option. Next, go to the files where you store all your ROMs. Then, select the one that you want to play with.
After doing this, you will be able to load ROM successfully and play your favorite games!
How to install ROM?
If you don’t know how to install Rom to play games with the Nintendo DS emulator, here is a quick guide to learn. Without any delay, let’s get started!
- First of all, you need to know that ROM is primarily available in compressed formats, so you will have to unzip them before use.
- All you have to do is make a folder and place your ROM in that folder.
- All the files will directly go to the folder, and your ROM will be nicely organized.
- If you have an emulator that has a default folder set for games, make sure to save your zipped ROM files in that folder.
We tried to cover all the significant details of the topic so that you can easily understand the best DS emulator for pc, how to run that emulator and how to install the ROM for a smooth gaming experience. If this article was helpful for you, don’t forget to share it with your friends so that they can also enjoy it to the fullest!